Sunday 1 December 2013

November Crafts


This month has really got me back into crafts, I have learnt to crochet, started Christmas gifts and had time for school work! I haven't particularly completed many projects this month but man have I started some.
Dishcloth- My first ever dishcloth! Its definitely not perfect but I made it all in one day and am pretty impressed at how simple it was to make. Would definitely make em again, even though I probably wont ever use it......

Giant Granny Square Pillow- My main project for the end of this month is this pillow I've made for my friend's birthday. I crochet both sides sewed them together and made the padding inside from an old pillow case and wadding. I'm quite proud of this lil' thing.
 New Granny Square Project- I have found this yarn shop right near my house! Its all mainly acrylics but that means cheap cheap cheap! Bought some purples and a black for a granny square project, a pillow most likely (I love them too) or even a cardigan depending on how much yarn I have.
Granny Square Half Blanket- My mum suggested I make some blankets for babies in her work for photo's yet I ran out of this yarn....
 Another New Project- I found this yarn in John Lewis and almost passed out, 100% wool and barely 100g costing nearly £9 but DANG that colour. It was just so gorgeous. So I'm hoping to make something great out of it but I am so indicicive it will take a while for me to make my mind up. I was thinking them great mountain pillows i posted earlier?
Elytra Beatle Wings!- Something not yarn based! Got these babies for around £8 (for 200) mostly for my art which I'm doing at the moment looking at insects but due to the sheer amount I plan on making some simple jewellery (a great Christmas gift I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment